Liquid Minerals for Optimal Health*
Youngevity offers the highest quality and most comprehensive line of liquid mineral supplements. These unique and healthful formulas were developed by Joel D. Wallach, DVM, ND, biochemical research pioneer known to many as The Mineral Doctor. The foundation for each formula is Plant Derived Minerals™.*
Minerals have a role in nearly every bodily function, from building healthy bones and teeth, to energy production, to immune support. In fact, minerals are so crucial to so many aspects of our health that even slight imbalances of some minerals can have major consequences. For example, iron is crucial to the transport of oxygen by red blood cells throughout the body. But an imbalance can range from low energy levels to gastrointestinal issues.
Dietary minerals can be delivered in different forms. Plant Derived Minerals™ are delivered in liquid colloidal form.* Colloidal minerals are derived from plant matter and are the smallest and most bioavailable mineral form.*
Are You Getting Enough of These Important Nutrients?
As inorganic substances, minerals can’t be synthesized by the human body. Instead, they have to be obtained from the foods we eat. But modern unhealthy diets high in poor quality, processed foods, combined with mineral-depleted topsoil and crops, have made it difficult for most people to get adequate amounts of these essential nutrients.1
Mineral-deficient Soil and Crops
When dinosaurs ruled the earth 75 million years ago, they were likely living in an environment abundant with life-supporting minerals. Soil was laden with as many as 70 known minerals, which were absorbed through the root systems of plants to become part of a vibrant, life-sustaining food supply.
Over time, erosion and unwise farming methods have depleted our topsoil of its precious mineral content.2 Ironically, modern technology has only exacerbated this problem. Compared to 50 years ago, today’s farmers are able to produce double or even triple the yields of most major fruits, vegetables, and grains. But the nutrient content of the crops is lower than ever before.3
Plant Derived Minerals™
Plant Derived Minerals™ provide the following benefits*:
- Liquid colloidal form. Plants absorb metallic minerals from soil then convert them into colloids. Colloids are tiny particles that retain their identity even while suspended in liquid, making them highly bioavailable, or absorbable.*
- Plant-derived. Extracted from humic shale, a layer of earth formed from ancient, mineral-laden plants. As a mineral source, humic shale is superior to other sources commonly used in supplements, such as bentonite (ground up clay) or dried sea beds (ground up rocks).
- Enhanced bioavailability and detoxification. As in plants, Plant Derived Minerals™ have a natural negative electrical charge. This has two very important benefits: First, it may enhance the transport and bioavailability of other nutrients. Secondly, it may support the body’s natural detoxification of toxins and heavy metals.*4
- Pure and natural. Plant Derived Minerals™ are extracted from humic shale using pure, cool clear water to the desired concentration and then processed through a complex array of special filters, leaving only the organic colloidal minerals in the final solution. No preservatives, flavorings, or synthetic substances are added.
- Safer form of minerals. Plant Derived Minerals™ are well-researched for safety and toxicity.*
- US Department of Agriculture Center for Policy and Promotion. Nutrition Insight 37, "Diet quality of Americans in 1994-96 and 2001-02. August 2008. Available at http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/NutritionInsights/Insight37.pdf
- Lyne JW, Barak P. Are depleted soils causing a reduction in the mineral content of food crops? Poster presentation, 2000 Annual Meetings of the ASA/CSSA/SSSA Minneapolis, MN. Available at http://www.soils.wisc.edu/~barak/poster_gallery/minneapolis2000a/index.html
- Davis DR, Epp MD, Riordan HD. Changes in USDA food composition data for 43 garden crops, 1950 to 1999. J Am Coll Nutr;23:669-682.
- Yantasee W, Rutledge RD, Chouyyok W, et al. Functionalized nanoporous silica for the removal of heavy metals from biological systems: adsorption and application. S Appl Mater Interfaces. 2010;2(10):2749-2758.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."